volunteer for the refuge:
We are currently building a list of volunteers that we can call on when we need help. Please read the descriptions of volunteer opportunities we have through out the year and fill out the form below to let us know where you believe you are willing to help out.
- Church Host Sites - please go to our page How Your Church Can Get Involved. Even if you are not a church, but another ministry or Christian club that has a building and volunteers, you too can partner with us.
- Check-In- All our homeless guest are brought in to our check-in location in order to be processed before transported to the Host Church. The Check-in starts at 5:30pm at the 55 W. Nepessing at our Day Center. The guest are then picked up by a volunteer to leave at 6:30pm. This position must always be accompanied by at least 1 male and 1 female. This position requires proper training (that we provide) and a signed volunteer agreement form.
- Meal Prep All of our homeless guest are provided a proper meal each night at the Host Church. Guest leave the check-in site at 6:30pm and so a meal should be at the Host Church Site by 6:30pm. This can be a home cooked meal or a purchased meal (ie: KFC/Pizza) Our guest are also provided a breakfast in the mornings, breakfast should arrive by 6am. No training is needed for this position, however a signed volunteer agreement form is required.
- Transportation Our homeless guest must be transported from the check-in site location of 55 W. Neppessing St to the host Church Site each night at 6:30pm. The guest are also picked up in the mornings from the host Church Site to be dropped off at the Drop Site at our Day Center. This position requires proper training (that we provide) and a signed volunteer agreement form.
- Visitation Hours Our homeless guest stay the night at a host Church Site each night from the hours of 6:30pm-8am. During these hours our guest must be in the company of at least 1 male volunteer and 1 female volunteer. Visitation hours may very, but are generally broken into several shifts through out the night. This position requires proper training (that we provide) and a signed volunteer agreement form.
- Overnight Hours These hours are specifically from 12pm-8am each night of the visitation hours. During these hours it is required to have both 1 male and 1 female present. This is our most needed position of volunteers. This position requires proper training (that we provide) and a signed volunteer agreement form.